LIFE'S A TRAVEL AND MEMORIES, THE PROOF!

COPYRIGHT NOTE

THE PHOTOS & CONTENTS ARE NOT TO BE TRANSFERRED/CONVERTED TO ANY OTHER MEDIUM. COPYRIGHT BREACH IS AN OFFENCE.

Thursday, August 22, 2013

WILD WILD NEST, AUG-2013














During an August weekend when monsoon was at its romantic best I embarked on my biggest challenge ever; to drive “uninterrupted and unassisted” for over 914 Kms to reach a new destination that had never seen me. It lay beautifully, nestled in the dense forests of Western Ghats hugging the states of Maharashtra and Goa and my purpose was to validate the presence of few waterfalls that trounced my imagination. As a base for my stay I had booked a waterfalls view cottage in the mystic “Wildernest” resort that had slowly gained popularity both within and outside the country. The long drive took me and my friend Kanthi through almost the entire length of NH4, before breaking at Belgaum where we took quite a number of diversions to exit this beautiful town and catch up with the “Insanely” gorgeous Chorla Ghat section. I will talk more about this Ghat section in the next posting while I use my imagination and fast forward to “Wildernest”; a resort that has the capability to offer “humiliating” peace, relaxation and satisfaction to a “blown out” mind. More than the fact that it lies in one of the best seen locations ever; its inherent ambience speaks more than a seasoned political speaker. Be it the kind staff who briefs you about the entire facility before dropping you at the cottage; be it the romantic cottages set amidst dense vegetation inducing little fear and little lust; be it the addictive and dark restaurant that sits on the edge of a cliff overlooking “twin waterfalls”; be it the “let me resign my Job thoughts” inducing CLOUD 9 BAR where snails sail around your beer mug; be it your bedroom from where you could have a view that you wouldn’t believe; be it your balcony that protrudes from the cliff delicately and thrashed by rains and fog; and above all these, the erotic “INFINITY” SWIMMING POOL that I would rate as “One” of the best when it merges with the sky and hills ahead doing justice to its name. A stay at WILDERNEST isn’t just a weekend indulgence; it’s an event that would sail around you for a long time to come. As I shot my last image (Picture 12) while departing WILDERNEST; rains were playing havoc and this facilitated a culmination that was a cocktail of craving, dream, lust and; a sense of…am unable to explain. WILDERNEST will see me again.

1 comment:

  1. Nice photos cant believe this swimming pool view is in india,thanx for positing.Pic1 hope its arnold in his young age.

    ReplyDelete